You can divide the concept of health into different categories. these include physical, mental, emotional, and behavioral health.
Physical Health- Taking Care Of Your Body
- Exercise regularly:- Teens should be physically active for at least 60 minutes every day.
- Have a healthy diet:- Healthy eating is an important part of your growth and development. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, protein foods, and low-fat products to lead a healthy life.
- Maintain a healthy weight:- Children suffering from obesity are more likely to have obesity as an adult. They are at higher risk for other diseases also.
- Get enough sleep:- Sleep has a strong effect on your ability to concentrate and do well in school. Most teenagers need an average of 8 hrs of sleep every night.
Mental Health- Taking Care Of Your Mind
- Learn techniques to manage stress:- You can’t avoid stress so you need to learn how to manage it. This will help you stay calm in every situation.
- Try to maintain a good relationship with your parents:- A most common problem as a teenager is you didn’t listen to your parents. Always remember that they want what is best for you. Try your best to give them happiness.
- Develop a good balance between school, work, and social life:- Everything is important in life to maintain a balance in everything and make a time table for your schedule.
- Don’t try to take on too much:- Limit your activities and give your 100% into that.
Emotional Health- Take Care Of Your Feelings
- Know the signs of mental illness:- It includes depression, weight loss or gain, personality changes, loss of self-esteem.
- Not to get nervous to ask for help if you need it.
- Always do that thing which gives you happiness.
Behavioural Health- Taking Care Of Your Safety
- Avoid abusing:- This includes the intake of alcohol, smoking, drugs, tobacco products.
- Drive safely:- Motor vehicle crashes lead to many serious injuries and loss of life. Avoid doing that other teenagers are doing.